6.15.2011

About the Artist - Iolanda Constantina Stan Reinsmith


Frida Kahlo with Blue Bird by Iolanda Constantina Stan Reinsmith


Iolanda Reinstmith has become one of my most favorite artists, as well as a dear friend.  She is one of those people who you adore the minute you meet them.  She believes that everyone is beautiful and that comes out in her paintings as well. 

She opened her store in BUiLDiNG CHARACTER (where I also have a little store) and I knew immediately that her "Happy Trees" would be the perfect collaboration with my pendants. 


Happy Tree - Glass Tile Pendant, Art of Iolanda Reinsmith

Here's Iolanda's bio:
(I really think she can share her story here better than me.  I know you'll adore her, too!)
angel

"I was born, raised, and schooled in Eastern Europe. My father was an artist, and I have been painting for as far back as I can remember. I moved to Lancaster 19 years ago, and have been here ever since. I have a small shop in Lancaster, and sold over 600 pieces on eBay . I never had a negative or neutral feedback.

I am happily married, mother of three teenagers. I am a dreamer. I love to paint angels that resemble people of all races. God gifted me with an amazing imagination, and I firmly believe that God’s imagination is limitless. He gave us different skin color and a wide range of sizes. He took the time to create a variety of eye shapes and hair textures…

I believe that it would be disrespectful to assume that the angels that He surrounds Himself with are just white blond women.

 
I strive to create, to inspire and be inspired, to learn and to teach, and to simply enjoy God’s gifts. I take the time to slow down when I am touched by a sight, sound, taste or smell that thrills my senses. I am still able to see things through the eyes of a child, and that gives me the freedom to paint like a child would. I often use bright, bold colors to paint my happy trees and I have been known to dress up my angels in neon colored clothing. I paint with my heart, and I give new life to things that most people would throw away.

iccolors

I love the freedom of my folk art on recycled tin tiles, cupboards, cabinet doors, paper & canvas. My art is collected both locally and worldwide."

Find Iolanda:

In person:  BUiLDiNG CHARACTER, 342 N. Queen Street, Rear, Lancaster, PA (she also has brightly painted furniture for sale there!)


eBay:  (artwork, gemstones and handmade jewelry):  http://stores.ebay.com/Good-Trades-For-You

And find our collaboration pendants in my etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BBBellezza?section_id=6803237

**If you like the Frida painting at the top of this post, you better click on the link under it quickly!  It's on an eBay auction that will end in just a few days!!**

No comments: