When you purchase a piece of artwork, there are several things you need to consider to protect your purchase. This is part 2 of a several part series of considerations and tips when you purchase art.
Getting your Artwork Home:
- This is pretty obvious, but make sure your vehicle is large enough to get the artwork home.
- You'll need cardboard or blankets to protect the artwork for the trip home.
- Check if the artwork will be insured for the trip home.
- Shipping - the gallery will probably be your best source of information for shipping. Some larger cities have art transportation companies.
- Make sure that the gallery/artist knows how to correctly package and protect artworks while shipping.
- It's best to go with fedex or other trusted service if the gallery doesn't have a service they normally use.